February is the month we celebrate our founder Mark Hughes and the Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) every year. In Australia and New Zealand, we celebrate Mark Hughes and his amazing legacy with exciting initiatives that are dedicated to HFF and support our Casa Herbalife programs, Infants’ Home in Sydney, Lighthouse Foundation in Melbourne, Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation in Perth and the Starship Foundation in New Zealand.
Mark Hughes Month: Wednesday 1 February 2017 – Tuesday 28 February 2017
Member Fundraising Activities
How can you fundraise for HFF with your community during Mark Hughes Month?
Donate to Herbalife Family Foundation!
1. Go to Good2Give: https://donate.good2give.ngo/hff
2. Enter the amount you wish to donate
3. Complete your contact details; remember to enter your Member ID.
4. Select ‘pay now’
5. Select ‘donate now’
6. A receipt will be emailed to your email address
OR visit www.myherbalife.com.au and use SKU# 001H – 1 unit = AUD $1.00
Members and non-Members can donate to HFF using this website, therefore you can hold your own fundraising initiatives in your community! Donations over AUD $2.00 are tax deductible.
“Through your efforts, many are discovering an eternal hope for the future.” Mark Hughes, Founder of Herbalife and Herbalife Family Foundation
HOW CAN YOU RAISE FUNDS FOR HFF WITHIN YOUR COMMUNITY?
During Mark Hughes Month, we encourage you to engage your community with these exciting fundraising ideas:
– Use Donation Canisters at your Nutrition Clubs, Healthy Active Lifestyle Activities, Weight Loss Challenges, Shake Parties and Herbalife SKIN Pamper Parties. Donations should be counted and donated to HFF on a weekly basis. Highlight the importance of Mark Hughes Month to your participants/customers and encourage them to donate. You could run a promotion; for every $5 they donate into the HFF Canister, pledge that you will donate an extra $2.00.
– Hold a carwash on your street or in the carpark of your Nutrition Club. All profits go towards HFF
– Hold a Healthy Active Lifestyle Activity in your local park. Invite as many people as you can including neighbours, friends, customers. Encourage a gold coin donation to HFF for participation.
– Encourage everyone you know to donate clothing they no longer wear, and hold a fashion show where they can bid on other people’s items.
– Hold a Silent Auction and/or Live Auction at your weekly meetings. Desirable items of great financial and/or sentimental value can be offered in either a silent bidding or live onstage auction format. Suggestions for auction items include photo opportunities, sports apparel and collectables autographed by a President’s Team or Chairman’s Club member or even a local sports celebrity. Auction it off, with proceeds going to HFF. Please note that it is up to Members to organise the items.
– Hold a Raffle or Lucky Draw. Participants can make a nominal donation (i.e. $5) to participate for a chance to win great prizes. The prizes can be photo opportunities, sports apparel and collectables autographed by a President’s Team or Chairman’s Club member, or even a local sports celebrity. Please note that it is up to Members to organise the items.
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY!
1. The act of helping others can create an improved sense of well-being. Knowing that you sacrificed something such as time, finances or items in order to help others in need can give you a sense of inner satisfaction.
2. Our Casa centres need your help; the HFF Casa Herbalife Program assists organisations to make a meaningful difference to the lives of children in need. In Australia, HFF currently supports The Infants` Home in Sydney, The Lighthouse Foundation in Melbourne, the Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation in Perth and the Starship Foundation in New Zealand.
3. Volunteering and fundraising within your community may result in physical and social benefits; after donating financially to a charity, you may be attracted to also become more involved with the cause by donating your time. By volunteering, you have the opportunity to build your social circles while reaping the physical and mental benefits from your contribution to your favourite cause.
‘‘The Infants’ Home has enjoyed a long partnership with Herbalife. We are always grateful for your contribution and we look forward to continuing to work with you to promote children’s health and well-being through good nutrition and the development of healthy lifestyles.’’
Anita Kumar – The Infants’ Home CEO