HERBALIFE MEAL PLANS
Our meal plans are simple and easy! The calorie counts are built into the plans, and the plans are designed to provide you with the right amount of protein your body needs every day to function at its best.
All you need to do is:
- Select the plan that fits your needs
- Create daily menus that include Herbalife® Formula 1 shakes, healthy balanced meals, and protein-rich snacks
Choose your Herbalife® shakes, choose your colorful meals and choose your protein-rich snacks – it’s that simple!
STEP 1 – MEAL PLAN SELECTION TOOL
No two people are alike and everyone’s protein and calorie needs vary. So how do you know which meal plan is right for you? You’ll start with Step 1: the Meal Plan Selection Tools for Women and Men. The charts will help you quickly determine the suggested meal plan for you, and your plan is designed to match your individual needs for protein and calories.
The Meal Plan Selection Tool will guide you to the recommended Meal Plan based on your gender, weight and height. Once you know which plan is recommended for you, you’ll go to Step 2 to see your suggested plan.
STEP 2 – MEAL PLANS A, B, C, D
Once you know which plan to follow, you’ll notice that each plan has three options: Daily Nutrition, Weight Loss and Weight Gain. Choose the option within the plan that best suits your personal goals.
This Meal Plan chart shows you what a typical day will look like. You can clearly see the recommended Formula 1 shakes, meals and snacks you will choose each day, depending on your plan.
Personalized daily Meal Plans are created by choosing items from the following categories:
- Herbalife® Formula 1 Shakes (20-30 grams protein, 250-300 calories, depending on your plan)
- Balanced Meals (25-40 grams protein, 400-600 calories, depending on your plan)
- Protein Snacks (10-30 grams protein, 150-300 calories, depending on your plan)
- If your goal is to maintain your weight, follow the Daily Nutrition option of your recommended Meal Plan. This option will deliver the recommended amount of protein and calories to help you maintain your weight, when coupled with an appropriate exercise program. This option replaces one meal per day (typically breakfast) with an Herbalife® Formula 1 shake.
- If you desire weight loss, follow the Weight Loss option of your recommended meal plan. The Weight Loss option will deliver the recommended amount of protein, but with fewer calories, to promote weight and fat loss, when coupled with an appropriate exercise program. This option replaces two meals per day (typically lunch and dinner) with an Herbalife® Formula 1 shake.
- If your goal is to gain weight, follow the Weight Gain option of your recommended meal plan. The Weight Gain option will deliver more protein and calories which, when coupled with an appropriate exercise program, will help you to gain healthy weight (as lean body mass). In the Weight Gain option, you will supplement the Daily Nutrition plan with additional Herbalife® Formula 1 shakes, up to a total of three shakes per day.
MEAL BUILDER TOOL
The Meal Builder tool is a simple step-by-step approach to putting together healthy meals.
Meals are made up of foods from five categories: Protein, Vegetables, Healthy Carbohydrates, Healthy Fats and Seasonings.
Depending on your Meal Plan, you will create meals that have either:
- Approximately 25 grams of protein and 400 calories
- Approximately 40 grams of protein and 600 calories
Using the Meal Builder, you can easily select the right amount of protein, vegetables, healthy carbohydrates and healthy fats, which you will use to create your healthy meals.
First, choose the column that corresponds to the meal you are going to build. Then, select the amounts of food that are listed in each food group and combine items in a variety of ways to create healthy, balanced meals.
Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Large mixed green salad tossed with grilled fish, cooked beans, and olive oil and lemon dressing
- Chicken wrap sandwich: Fill a whole wheat flour tortilla with mixture of chopped veggies, grilled chicken, avocado and salsa
- Grilled top sirloin steak with steak sauce, roasted asparagus with garlic, tossed green salad with vinaigrette dressing, brown rice
Susan Bowerman, M.S., RD, CSSD, CSOWM, FAND – Director, Worldwide Nutrition Education and Training