Seven COVID-19 Coronavirus Best Practices: learn and share! Preventing Coronavirus Spread.
Dr. Kent Bradley discusses best practices recommended for distributors as they conduct their businesses, including meetings and Nutrition Club operation
Since first learning of COVID-19 (coronavirus) earlier this year, our main focus has been protecting the health and well-being of our Herbalife Nutrition Independent Distributors and our employees. There is nothing more important to us.
While we know you are already taking precautions as you run your businesses, we thought it might be helpful to provide you with guidelines and suggestions from recognized and respected authorities like the World Health Organization. You should also consult your local government and ministries of health.
Coronavirus Best Practices
Here are some things to consider:
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds throughout the day or use hand sanitizer. It’s also important to use proper etiquette when sneezing – into your forearm or into a tissue, which should be disposed of immediately.
- Consider refraining from shaking hands or hugging at your meetings or other events
- If you are having a group meeting, encourage team members and customers who are sick to stay home. Also consider using technology like WebEx, Zoom or other platforms for training and meetings instead of gathering large groups.
- Promote regular and thorough handwashing by team members and customers. Consider providing hand sanitizers or installing sanitation stations. The World Health Organization has flyers available in multiple languages that you can post to remind your teams and customers.
- Make sure your workplace, Nutrition Club, meeting site and other locations are clean and hygienic by increasing frequency of cleaning. Surfaces (desks, tables, workout mats, counter tops) and objects (phones, keyboards) need to be wiped with disinfectant regularly. Don’t forget workout equipment!
- When serving products in Nutrition Clubs or elsewhere, follow all public health guidelines and frequently clean and/or sanitize all surfaces, appliances and utensils. See flyer on “Cleaning vs. Sanitizing” from the National Restaurant Association in the U.S.
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms should be prevented from serving products in a Nutrition Club or elsewhere until they are completely symptom-free. Everyone who is not feeling well should be encouraged to stay home, including you.
We have taken many of these same precautions at our facilities around the world.
The best defense is always knowledge. Please take the time to educate yourself and stay informed about the most recent developments in the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. As a nutrition company that is committed to overall wellness, we all need to be especially diligent in keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Source: Herbalife United States
Dr. Kent Bradley
Vice President, Medical Affairs and Nutrition Education