What is CoQ10?
Supplementation may be beneficial for those who manage their high cholesterol with statins
Coenzyme Q10, or CoQ10, is a vitamin-like antioxidant naturally produced by the body, which plays a critical role in the conversion of fat into energy.
CoQ10 is a cofactor in energy production necessary in the conversion of fat into
usable cellular energy.
Also a potent antioxidant, CoQ10 helps protect cellular proteins, LDL cholesterol, and mitochondrial DNA from oxidation.
CoQ10 is found in the mitochondria, the miniature “powerhouse” of every cell, with especially high concentrations in high-energy output organs like the heart, liver and kidneys.
CoQ10 is naturally produced by the body and can be obtained from dietary sources like beef, pork and chicken hearts, beef and pork liver, soybean oil, and fish.
An important antioxidant in the cardiovascular system, CoQ10 supports the heart muscle, which has very high energy requirements. CoQ10 also helps to regenerate other antioxidants, such as Vitamin E.
No recommended Daily Value has been determined for CoQ10, but amounts supported by scientific studies range from 60 mg to 1,200 mg/day.
Did You Know?
Natural production of CoQ10 declines with age, eventually reaching a level inadequate for cardiovascular protection.
- Vital for cellular energy production
- Cardiovascular health support
- Supplementation may be beneficial for those who manage their high cholesterol with statins
- Helps support the integrity of heart cells
- Helps supply energy to heart cells
- Provides healthy aging support
Product Overview – CoQ10 Plus
CoQ10 Plus is specially formulated with CoQ10 and Vitamin D that support heart health.*
- CoQ10 provides energy to heart cells and supports the heart muscle.*
- Vitamin D supports heart health.*
- Antioxidant activity of CoQ10 protects cells from damaging effects caused by oxidative stress.*
- With age, the body’s natural production of CoQ10 decreases. Supplementation adds to the body’s natural production to provide energy to the heart cells.*
- Exclusively endorsed by Dr. Lou Ignarro, Nobel Laureate in Medicine†
- Softgel form
- Take one softgel per day.